Pure Hiphop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pure Hiphop

The #1 place to discuss underground hiphop, and hiphop at it's finest.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Murs - Murs for President

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fudopi
Yo Dadmin
Fudopi

Male Number of posts : 184
Random Thought : Agony is the key to a happy life.
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Murs - Murs for President Empty
PostSubject: Murs - Murs for President   Murs - Murs for President Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 4:39 pm

Murs - Murs for President 20080905-murs1

Track Listing
01 Intro
02 I’m Innocent
03 Lookin’ Fly f. will.i.am
04 The Science
05 Can It Be (Half A Million Dollars & 18 Months Later)
06 Everything
07 Road Is My Religion
08 Sooo Comfortable
09 Time Is Now f. Snoop Dogg
10 Think You Know Me
11 Me And This Jawn
12 Love And Appreciate II f. Tyler Woods
13 A Part Of Me
14 Break Up (The OJ Song)
15 Breakthrough

Review
Murs' campaign was a success! "Murs For President" has producing by mostly DJ Quik, 9th wonder also did a few tracks. Production, in my opinion wasn't as good as his last few albums, but it's still solid, especially the 9th tracks. Murs' this time is focusing a lot on getting very political on the mic, in an interview he said his goal was to educate, and the lyrics consist of a lot of real talk, about what's going on in other parts of the world. He does still have his tracks about women and his life though, which I was pleased to see. He comes with his usual wide vocabulary, on the song "The Science" the rhymes on the first verse are crazy as hell. Every song on the album has a message of some sort, all have a point. Some of the samples DJ Quik used I don't like though, like, there's some samples guys use that are a little out there, but these ones are waaaay out there. So some of the samples end up taking away from the actual song a little bit, but for the most part it's no problem. I'm talking about how he's got stuff from like, music you'd here on an apple commercial. Didn't mix well, but that's nothing to get down on the whole album about.

For the most part, excellent album, worth the $10 I spent defiantly. Not Murs' best, but VERY far from his worst, and aside from the few bad samples it's great.

Not to mention I've got his autograph on the album cover.

And holyshit I'm seeing doubles, my eys are getting worse by the day...

One Last thing...
WHAT UP THOUGH! why the hell does he always say that?
Back to top Go down
http://purehiphop.co.cc

Murs - Murs for President
Page 1 of 1